Bluff Neighborhood Construction Report 3-19-17

Just a few photos today—mostly incremental progress.

352 N. Summit Street

This week’s reconnaissance was primarily to check on issues I’d neglected to note last week, but there were a few changes (light bulbs, mostly), and there was this one thing that was entirely new: replacing the stack of empty boxes in the dining room was the master bathroom tub.

The shell of the tub has been installed in the master bath.

Light bulbs had been added to the light fixtures in the kitchen. Here’s a close-up photo of the Morgan chandelier (the second one has not yet been hung).

Over the sink, a third pendant fixture had been added. I have now identified the fixture as Williamson by Mercury Row. Here’s a close-up shot of one of them, showing that it uses a “half-chrome” or “silver-bowl” light bulb (although the fixture calls for a G9 halogen bulb).

No bulbs in this fixture yet, but revisiting it confirmed my suspicion that it does in fact have three bulb sockets (both my photos last week showed only two, but the arrangement was so odd that I was dubious). This is one of the pendant bedside lights in the master bedroom.

I am still at a loss to explain the location of the Feiss 3-light LED vanity fixture (box seen pictured here). There is not yet any lighting in the half-bath, but a Feiss 1-light LED sconce was marked for that location.

I had thought the three-light fixture might be in the en suite bathroom (which I had neglected to check last week), but in fact what is there is a pair of Feiss Sophie wall brackets.

The countertop has also been installed in this bathroom, and it is clear from the drilling that it will have a “vessel” sink: a glass, china, stone, or metal bowl that rests on top of the granite counter.

A close-up of one of the sconces in the hall bath reveals that it is not the Leddington model reported last week, but I have not been able to identify the model.

In the “break room,” still in the box, is the “bar faucet” that will be installed for the small sink.

Behind the countertop, the molding at the top of the shiplap has been removed, and there is a space of an inch or so between the countertop and the wall, suggesting that perhaps a granite backsplash will be dropped in.

351 N. Summit Street

Through one of the living room windows, I could see (but not satisfactorily photograph) a stack of boxes containing undermount sinks, no doubt destined for the bathrooms, and Delta faucets, ditto (plus the kitchen sink). But the development that I could actually see was heightened security: locksets added to the front and side doors.

Here’s a close-up of the lockset on one of the doors from the breakfast room opening onto the screened porch.

When I stopped by yesterday, I encountered a family who had taken advantage of the empty driveway to park for the Arts & Crafts Festival. Since they were also peering through windows, he introduced himself as “the painter.” I gave him my card, and he fished for one of his, came up empty, and pointed to his sign. I said I’d given him a plug once before but would do so again. His company is T.J.’s Quality Painting, and I assume that he was owner T. J. Foreman, whose Facebook cover photo actually shows this house.

59 N. Summit Street

When I passed on Friday, workers were shoveling in and smoothing down this fill, as seen here on Saturday.

Lagniappe: Street Repair

I meant to report on this last week and forgot. For quite some time I have been occasionally taking photos of the terrible condition of the pavement at the corner of Bayview Street and North Avenue. Here’s an example from last July.

Whenever it rained, that low spot would fill up with water, creating a pool that entirely blocked the road, as in these photos from last September and August. I joked that at least the water drained off fairly rapidly because the street was so cracked and pitted.

Because the Bluff Neighborhood is essentially a large cul de sac (and consequently has little traffic), it is a popular area for walkers, runners, and bikers, who must all have been frustrated by these conditions. I kept meaning to post these photos on the City’s Facebook page but hadn’t gotten around to it. So imagine my surprise when I went out last weekend and saw that the pavement had been patched. It is yet to be seen whether this will remedy the drainage problem, but at least it’s an improvement.

This entry was posted in Construction. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s