Bluff Neighborhood Construction Report 4-2-17

I’m fortunate this week to have at least a little to report on each of my current study sites.

352 N. Summit Street

When I visited yesterday, I was stopped by this sign on one of the French doors.

So I wandered around back and found that, although the front of the garage still hasn’t been painted, carriage lamps have been mounted at the sides.

Today I returned and gingerly trod the presumably dry first coat. As can be seen from the photo below, all the plumbing fixtures had to be cleared out of the living-dining room—indeed up off all the floors, and I found them distributed all around the house. Most of the lavatory faucets were in the back upstairs bedroom. The three toilets (which are the Drake model from Toto) had been split up, one each in the other two upstairs bedrooms, and one in the master closet.

There is still no toilet for the powder room, nor has the pedestal sink been delivered, but its floor has been finished along with the rest.

In the kitchen, as promised, I further investigated the sink. I got so engrossed in scoping it out that I neglected to take a photo of the overall sink counter, and I didn’t get a very good photo of the sink itself, either (even after removing the plumbing boxes that filled it). From the markings on the bottom of it, however, I established that it is a Blanco Silgranit® sink, probably the Precis model in metallic gray.

Beside the sink was the unopened InSinkErator® Badger 5 garbage disposal.

Under the sink are a few things you don’t always find under a sink: a switch and a plug. I can only assume that these are for the disposal, which is available in a plug-in model.

But this “under the sink” photo from the InSinkErator site certainly seems to show a lot more paraphernalia than the wired-in Badger 15 under our sink!

In the master bath, the tub skirt had been removed to the shower area to make room for the tub itself, a Jason Hydrotherapy MicroSilk® AirMasseur® tub, forma® AC635 model (see this previous post for photos of both skirt and tub). The vanity light fixtures had also been removed (packed back in their original shipping boxes), perhaps for safety while the tub was being maneuvered or perhaps to facilitate painting (many of the rooms seemed to have fresh paint, and two of the light fixtures in the upstairs hall had also been removed).

The flooring in the upstairs hall has finally been completed. None of the upstairs bedrooms has any flooring yet, leading me to assume that they will be carpeted.

None of the tile in any of the bathrooms has been grouted, but grout has been delivered to the upstairs hall bath.

A couple of shots of the “vessel” sink in the en suite bath. It was actually still in the counter under the counter, but I put it in place for these photos. The faucet (box seen on the counter beside it) is Delta’s Ara® Single Handle Vessel Lavatory Faucet with Channel Spout.

It will be interesting to see what the coming week brings. The floor appears to me to need another coat (as implied by the description of this treatment as “1st coat), but perhaps some of the plumbing fixtures will be installed?

351 N. Summit Street

As I approached the house from across the street, these three young trees struck me as new.

I can’t swear that they were newly planted, but they are certainly different from the four shrubs that were in this location in December.

As I approached the house, I found that the owners were onsite, relaxing on the (to be) screened porch. I was allowed to go in and take a few quick photos (a quicker tour than I would have liked, but they had a date to collect some grandchildren). The chief accomplishment this week was installation of the counters, as here in the kitchen, with sink and space for slide-in range.

This is the sink counter in the laundry room upstairs.

Here are the dressing table, one of the vanities (with the Kelston by Kohler sink), and the tub surround in the master bath, all in white marble.

59 N. Summit Street

Okay, so not a front porch after all!

It’s hard to tell from these photos, but the addition is divided into two sections, each of which will apparently be an extension of an existing room.

The slab in the back may still be for a patio, but framing inside the existing room, plus the dismantling of siding on the outside, suggests that this, too, may be an extension.

Approaching the house from the opposite direction today, I grabbed this shot of the other end of the addition—the end opposite the chimney, away from Atkinson Avenue—seen behind the roof of the original structure (behind the tree at the far left is the edge of a neighbor’s roof).

Advertisement
This entry was posted in Construction. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s